Odisha Tourism Travel Scheme Manangement System : BARISTHA NAGARIKA TIRTHA YATRA YOJANA
Pilgrimage, or Tirtha Yatra in Indian culture, is a journey to a sacred place with the intention of spiritual growth and purification. It is a significant cultural and spiritual experience for people of all faiths and ages, but it is especially meaningful for senior citizens.
For senior citizens, pilgrimage can offer a number of benefits, including:
- Spiritual fulfillment: Pilgrimage can be a deeply spiritual experience for senior citizens, providing them with an opportunity to connect with their faith and beliefs. It can also help them to gain a deeper understanding of themselves and their place in the world.
- Physical and mental health benefits: Pilgrimage can also be beneficial for senior citizens’ physical and mental health. The act of walking or traveling to a sacred place can help to improve cardiovascular health, reduce stress, and boost mood.
- Social interaction and connection: Pilgrimage can also be a social experience, providing senior citizens with an opportunity to meet and connect with other people of faith. This can be especially important for senior citizens who live alone or who are isolated from their families.
In recognition of the importance of pilgrimage for senior citizens, the Odisha government offers a pilgrimage assistance program called the Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana (BNTYY). This scheme is offered to senior citizens over the age of 60 to 75 years, regardless of their region or faith. Under the scheme, senior citizens are provided with financial assistance to cover the cost of travel, accommodation, and food. They are also provided with travel arrangements and assistance with accommodation booking.
The BNTYY is a great opportunity for senior citizens to realize their lifelong dream of undertaking a pilgrimage. It is also a way for the Odisha government to support senior citizens and promote cultural and religious tourism.
Here are some of the benefits of the BNTYY for senior citizens:
- Affordability: The BNTYY makes pilgrimage affordable for senior citizens, even those who are on a fixed income.
- Convenience: The scheme takes care of all travel arrangements, including transportation, accommodation, and food. This makes it easy for senior citizens to plan and undertake a pilgrimage.
- Safety and security: The scheme provides senior citizens with assistance and support throughout their pilgrimage. This ensures that they have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana (BNTYY) Tour Plan Date 2023 to 2024
|Trip||Origination Station||Date||Place of Visit||District||Population||Seat allotted||Escort Officer|
|1st||Berhampur||31.10.23 to 05.11.23||Kanyakumari – Trivendrum||Ganjam||3529031||548||17|
|2nd||Bhubaneswar||23.11.23 to 28.11.23||Haridwar – Rishikesh||Puri||1698730||159||5|
|3rd||Sambalpur||06.11.23 to 11.12.23||Kolkata – Kamakhya||Sambalpur||1041099||112||4|
|4th||Rayagada||19.12.23 to 24.12.23||Shridi-Nasik||Koraput||1379647||210||6|
|5th||Balasore||05.01.24 to 10.01.24||Ujjain – Omkareswar||Balasore||2320529||226||7|
|6th||Berhampur||17.01.24 to 22.01.24||Varanasi – Prayagraj||Ganjam||3529031||548||17|
|7th||Rayagada||28.01.24 to 02.02.24||Gaya-Varanasi||Koraput||1379647||210||6|
|8th||Bhubaneswar||08.02.24 to 13.02.24||Tirupati-vellore||Puri||1698730||158||6|
|9th||Sambalpur||19.02.24 to 24.02.24||Ajmer-Pushkar||Sambalpur||1041099||112||4|
|10th||Balasore||02.03.24 to 07.03.24||Agra-Mathura||Balasore||2320529||226||7|
Download Complete Notice Official PDF:
To learn more about the BNTYY and to apply, please visit the official website at https://yatra.odisha.gov.in/.”
Remember: Please upload a clear and visible document or your application will be rejected.
If you are a senior citizen and are interested in participating in the Tirtha Darshan Yojana, please contact your local State Tourism Department for more information.